Whether you got injured or the age is striking its effects on your knee, you just can’t live with that knee pain. The good news is that with some simple exercises it’s possible to strengthen the muscles around knee to give you some extra edge to fight the knee pain.
Exercises to reduce knee pain
The following exercises don’t demand most of your valuable time. Yet the results are effective. You can do them 3 to 4 times in a week with 10 to 12 repetitions.
- Stretching Exercises: Aerobic exercises like swimming, running, cycling etc strengthens the muscles and ligaments at the joints and hence reduce the joint pains.
- Hamstring stretching exercise: It’s a special exercise focusing on the knees. Lie down on the floor, with a bed sheet or a big size towel make a loop around your foot; try to stretch the leg while you pull the loop ends.
- Partial or chair squats: This exercise helps build the endurance of your knees. Take a chair and stand half a foot away from it. Place your hands on the chair and lower your body by bending your knees. Hold the positions for 30 seconds. To add challenge, remove the chair from the picture.
- Bent leg raises exercise: Sit on a chair. Raise one of your legs without bending the knee. Now bend the knee and hold the position for 30 seconds. Repeat the same with the other leg.
- Side lying lifting leg exercise: Lie down on the floor at one of the side of body such that one of your hand support your head. With leg straightened, raise one of the legs till the height of the shoulder. Hold the position for 20 seconds. After 10 to 12 repetitions change the side.
- Step up exercises: Get in front of the stairs. Put one leg up on the second stair step. Then come back to the original position. Then do the same with the other leg. It’s the simplest exercise. Try to do it with more speed to build up endurance.